SAN FRANCISCO, CA – Over one thousand cannabis industry leaders in technology, investment, and media gathered at The New West Summit in 2015 for the world’s first conference focused on cutting edge components of our nation’s fastest growing trade. On Oct 14th & 15th, The 2016 New West Summit 2.0 takes place at The Hyatt Regency in San Francisco. Signifying the global acceptance of cannabis as a legitimate business opportunity, and viable industry of the future, international business mogul Richard Branson and Susan Bennett, “The Voice of Siri”, top the list of more than 50 featured speakers. Check out Siri’s special announcement of this upcoming event (VIDEO).
“A successful entrepreneur like Branson putting his name to this event reinforces the impact of this industry’s growth. This is a multi-billion dollar market that has the attention of business leaders and professionals around the world, and rightfully so” –Jim McAlpine, New West Summit Founder & Producer
The expertly curated two-day conference and exhibition will feature over 30 panels of experienced professionals who will cover the most dynamic and disruptive segments of the proposed 10 billion dollar cannabis industry. Entrepreneurs and investors will forecast trends, looking at what’s next for non-profits, venture-backed startups, publicly traded companies and crowd-funding. State of the art cannabis communications will be reviewed with focus on social media, marketing, activism, modern branding, editorial trends and the entry of Fortune 500 brands. Funding trends, the next crop of mobile apps, cultivation technologies, the latest in extraction and vaporization will also be explored. See the event schedule for a complete list of panel topics and featured guest speakers.
Event Highlights & Speakers
- Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group, Entrepreneur, International Business Mogul & Philanthropist
- Susan Bennett, “The Voice of Siri”
- Dave Morin, Founder & Partner of Slow Ventures
- Steve DeAngelo – Founder of Harborside Health Center. Named by Fortune Magazine as one of the top cannabis industry leaders.
- Dr David Meiri – PhD and Molecular Biology researcher who heads of the “Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Cannabinoid Research” at Technion Israel Institute of Technology
- Aeron Sullivan, Founder & CEO of Tradiv
- Dr Sue Sisley, Psychiatrist and leading medical marijuana researcher
- See the event schedule for a complete list of panel topics and featured guest speakers
- More than 30 exhibitors including ArcView Group, Eaze, Poseidon, Leafly, Viridian, Merry Jane & more!
Summit panels are co-produced by Brian Zisk of San Francisco, founder of the iconic SF Music Tech Summit Summit
PRESS CONTACT & MEDIA PASSES: