Time to reschedule. Did you know marijuana is classified federally as a schedule 1 drug. This comes with minimum mandatory sentencing that currently puts medical marijuana patients in prison with heroin traffickers, rapists murderers etc.
Drugs / Substances listed in DEA Schedule I include:
- Heroin (diacetylmorphine)
- LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide)
- Marijuana (cannabis, THC)
- Mescaline (Peyote)
- MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or “ecstasy”)
- GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyric acid)
- Ecstasy (MDMA or 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine)
“The Surgeon General’s statements follow what seems to be growing acceptance in the federal government of medical marijuana. In December, Congress passed a spending measure that included a provision to effectively end the federal ban on medical marijuana in states where it is legal.” -Fortune.com
Legislation introduced recently in Hawaii would seek a rescheduling of cannabis.
Read the bill here: